CA APM Review

The product is customizable when it comes to setting up application monitoring

What is our primary use case?

This solution is an awesome monitoring tool for application monitoring, customized dashboards, and alerting. Many features are used, including its ability to dive into application data, the user experience, the application flow map, transaction traces, and the team center.

How has it helped my organization?

We use APM for application monitoring, which includes availability, performance of apps (stalls, errors, and response time), and transactions. The product is extremely customizable when it comes to setting up application monitoring. It provides app monitoring data with very effective, immediate alerting.

What is most valuable?

• Transaction traces
  • Dashboards
  • Email alerts
  • Team center
  • Average response time
  • Error and stall detection
  • Metric grouping to see combined data.
  • CEM for analyzing and reporting

What needs improvement?

CEM needs to be simplified, because it causes too many interruptions in our daily work.

Three to five years.

Stability is one of the strongest attributes of CA APM. It is very stable on all platforms.

CA APM is very scalable and used in a clustered environment because it supports more than its technical capacity.

Their support team is quite supportive and quick to respond.

They communicated very well and their support was vastly experienced.

I have used AppDynamics in the past, and its customization is not as simple as that of CA APM.

Initial setup was very straightforward. It was simple to implement and customize.

I implemented this solution with an extensively experienced in-house team.

Setup costs are quite competitive relative to other solutions, and simpler.

We evaluated other solutions, such as AppDynamics.

What other advice do I have?

Its presence is needed in our cloud solutions. Other solutions have been present from early on, but we use this solution to focus on the cloud.

1 visitor found this review helpful
Free Trial

No credit card required. It's easy and free for 30 days.