CA Application Delivery Analysis [EOL} Review

Good monitoring functionality, but technical support and integration with other products need to be improved

What is our primary use case?

I have only used this solution for two projects. Included in this review are some of my comments about CA Spectrum.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature is the fault management monitoring. This product is the best in the market, without any doubt.

What needs improvement?

My biggest complaint about ADA is that you have to rely on dedicated appliances.

For CA Spectrum, the integration of this product is something that needs to be improved. Even some of their point products to not integrate very well, and ADA is one of them.

The user interface needs to be improved.

Technical support needs to be improved.

I began working with CA Application Delivery Analysis ten years ago.

The quality of CA Spectrum is good and I have never faced major issues with it.

This product is able to scale so that you can use it in big companies.

The technical support is something that I used to be satisfied with, but no longer. Since CA was acquired by Broadcom, a lot of good technical people left the company and now we feel it when we call for support.

The initial setup is complex. The length of time for deployment depends on the size of the company and the size of the project. At a minimum, it will take ten to fifteen days, but it could take up to one year.

This is an expensive solution and there is a single price to pay for licensing, with no options. Everything is included with the one license.

What other advice do I have?

Because the licensing has everything included, it is best for the customer to use as much functionality in the product as possible.

If I were rating CA Spectrum then I would give it a nine out of ten.

I would rate CA Application Delivery Analysis a six out of ten.

**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: