CA Automic Applications Manager Review

Integrates and orchestrates key business applications spanning multiple technology stacks

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is process automation and orchestration.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved my organization through automation of back office and infrastructure procedures, and by integrating and orchestrating key business applications spanning multiple technology stacks.

What is most valuable?

It is an object-based approach to task and process design in conjunction with conditional logic and event-based scheduling actions, which enables a build once/use often design methodology to be employed, producing automated processes capable of dynamically adapting task flow according to events occurring before/during process execution.

What needs improvement?

• The user interface (UI) could be modernised.
  • The internal security model can be complex when configuring multiple user groups.
  • It is difficult to integrate with the Active Directory (AD).

More than five years.

Earlier versions of the product suffered some stability issues. The more recent versions of this product are stable.

We have encountered no scalability issues with the product.

We have not needed to use technical support services for some time.

Our previous solution was not scalable.

It has a straightforward initial setup.

Licensing options are fairly straightforward.

I can't recall the products which were evaluated.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product. As a general process automation and integration tool, it has been superseded by other offerings, notably the Workload Automation suite.