CA Clarity PPM Review

The time tracking module enables me to see what everybody is doing and how they're allocating their time.

Video Review:

What is most valuable?

I love the time tracking module. That's what I'm most familiar with, at this time: being able to go in and actually break it down; see what everybody is doing; how they're allocating their time; see who's underallocated, overallocated.

How has it helped my organization?

It's really helping us with our resource management; being able to pull people where they need to go; get additional help where help is needed. It helps us collaborate with our project management teams, our PMO, all across the company, shared services.

What needs improvement?

Overall portfolio management is something that we would like to improve on.

The company has been using it for several years now. Personally, I've only been using it for under a year.

In my experience, it's very stable, especially compared to other applications that we've used in the past. I have no complaints whatsoever.

At this time, it's meeting our scalability needs. We are looking to build out other areas, so we are assessing the different components to build out in.

From what I understand, from my technical person, the support is excellent.

I actually don't have a lot of experience with the initial setup; however, we are right now just beginning to upgrade. It seems to be that it's going to be fairly easy. We're going to be able to get it upgraded in less than six months; 3-6 months.

Personally, I have not evaluated other options. I come from a different area, and we have other ways of doing things that are not as streamlined.

I have a finance background so when I am selecting a vendor, I definitely want someone reliable, someone who is affordable, can answer all of our questions, who can bend and flow with the organization's growth. Or, if we sell pieces of the organization, we need to be able to flex, so I'm looking for a partner that will be able to do that.

What other advice do I have?

I don't like to give anything a perfect score because I don't know enough about every aspect of it; however, from my experience, it's been a great tool.

1 visitor found this review helpful