CA Clarity PPM Review

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to format the PPM, provide the forecasting and utilization of research utilization, and determine future trends.

How has it helped my organization?

The benefit is using the Capacity Demand Model. We can use it to forecast and see the future trends for resource allocations and demands.

What needs improvement?

We are on-premise. I would like to see more features around the data warehouse analytics reporting. At the same time, I would like to see some more functionality on the UI side. They have the new user interface, but that new interface is only a portion of it. I would like to see that extended to other parts of the tool.

It is stable.

On a scale from one to 10, I would say PPM scales at a nine.

I have used the technical support. I have mixed opinion on them. I did receive very good support, sometimes. I did receive bad support, too. Most of the times, I would say it is a good support. Maybe there are a few people new to the tech support, and they may be still learning it.

I was involved in the initial setup. It was not difficult for me. The documentation is good. I followed it and was able to set it up myself. It was pretty straightforward; no drawbacks.

What other advice do I have?

It is a very good project portfolio tool.