CA Clarity PPM Review

The performance is really good. Maybe improve the use of Jaspersoft.​

What is our primary use case?

The primary usage is for coastal location and project management. The performance is really good.

How has it helped my organization?

I think with the solution that we have enough functionality out-of-the-box. We also try to use all of that functionality because it is aligned to our methodology and the way we use it for financial purposes.

However, now we are turning to my next project with a giant framework, and maybe we need some agile functionality related to that.

What is most valuable?

For us, in Latin America, we use bookkeeping record because we have enough out-of-the-box functionality.

What needs improvement?

Maybe we need to bring some financial executive reports to our directors and executives. Maybe we can improve the use of Jaspersoft.

Three to five years.

We did have some trouble a couple months ago, but I do not know why because normally it is very stable.

We did do an upgrade in the past couple of months to 15.1.

Yes, it scales well. In Latin America, we use just it alone. However, in Canada, we have another instance and they use it integrated with other solutions.

The Latin American support could be better due to the language barrier. It is also a little bureaucratic. I know we have to put in a ticket, but we need immediate support sometimes; not in two weeks time, immediate support.

Not install, but I was involved in configuration of the limitations. It is a little complicated. A lot of fills.

We were support by the CA team in Toronto, Canada.

We started evaluated some tools related to PPM. CA PPM accomplished our necessities, especially for Latin America.

We looked at HPE PPM. I can't remember why we did not chose them though.

What other advice do I have?

Try the solution according to your necessities.

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Big name brand
  • Proven solutions
  • Theories
  • Implementations
  • Especially the functionality in their solutions.