CA Cloud Service Management Review
Reduced the Service Desk effectiveness compared to the product we were using.

Valuable Features

The ability to add Additional Information Screens on the fly.

Improvements to My Organization

Actually this product and its limitations reduced the Service Desk effectiveness compared to the product we were using.

Room for Improvement

You cannot make any structural customizations to any of the screen since this is a SAS and it is a shared database structure.

Use of Solution

2 Years

Yes – we lost functionality we had due to the fact that you could not build in all the custom feature we had with HEAT.

We had numerous outages due to issues with product and data center issues.

No issues with scalability.

All support was in India and was not good.

I found them adequate at best.

We had been using FrontRange HEAT and when we outsourced the Service Desk (big mistake) they provided a solution called On-Target. After they failed to deliver the functionality in their contract they were required to purchase us a new ticketing system. We did not go back to HEAT since the CIO wanted everything outsourced and nothing in-house.

It was easy for me since I was very familiar with ticketing systems.

Implementation Team

We worked directly with InTeq who owned InfraDesk before they were acquired by CA.

ROI

Product was very expensive and I was not happy with the limitations of the SAS.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

The cost was a 3 year contract with InTeq and was 300K a year, since it has been acquired by CA I am not sure what it would cost if you were a new customer.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes – we looked at going back to HEAT but FrontRange came back with a bid for their other product ITSM which was too expensive even after I told them that we wanted HEAT with Change Control and cost was important.

Other Advice

If you need any kind of customizations or think you may need them in the future, look for another product.