CA Cloud Service Management Review

It was easy to build out so we now have a self-service tool rolled out to our customers, although the usability for IT analysts could be improved with the ability to save commonly-used filters.

Valuable Features

The most valuable feature is the ability to easily create service catalogues for our customers, something that we didn't have previously with the other tool we were using, which was SDM.

Improvements to My Organization

Having the self-service tool rolled out to all of our customers using CSM is a way it's improved our functioning. With SDM, we weren't able to fully utilize the service catalogues for self-service. So, with CSM, because of its ease of building out the tool, we were able to transition to self-service.

Room for Improvement

Usability for IT analysts could be improved. There are some filters, but we'd like to be able to save filters that are common to many analysts. There are also some minor tweaks to day-to-day operations of the tool, which are filters and the search functionality. I'd also suggest making some settings default rather than requiring the user to select them.

No issues with deployment.

I haven't noticed anything because it's browser-based. I haven't noticed any kind of dramatic instability beside the fact that our environment isn't fully rolled out with Chrome. We are a Microsoft environment, so working with Internet Explorer could have its latency, but it's not the tools, it's more of what our devices are and what our infrastructure is.

We've used it for about two months, so it's really in its infancy stage. I mean we know potentially there could be a lot to scale to. As of right now, we're still taking baby steps.

I've used communities a lot. It's beneficial and very timely. That's the very impressive part: I pose a question and I get a response really quickly.

Initial setup was pretty straightforward. To me, I guess there were some other folks that might have other opinions, but, for me, I thought it was logical and easy to follow.

Other Advice

Definitely use it in an organization that has not aligned their processes yet. So, you definitely get your processes in place organizationally, and internally within IT. Be sure you know what you have because it’s easier to mould with CSM. We've tailored some of our work processes with CSM, which is also flexible so you can make changes later on.