CA Cloud Service Management Review

A fairly stable solution that’s highly mature, but has a poor user interface

What is our primary use case?

We primarily use the solution for processes in management, incident management, and problem change configuration service requests.

What is most valuable?

The solution is a highly mature product. Because of this, it can stand up to any other product on the market.

What needs improvement?

The solution does not align as modern service solutions do. Seamless integration is no available among the processes.

Their service management application needs a lot of work. It’s in a really bad state right now.

They brought on a new interface that clumped all the processes and features of the solution into one. Still, it’s not really compatible with other solutions. Because of this, its rating has dropped in Gardner.

The solution needs to improve its reporting features. The user interface needs a lot of improvements.

The product needs to implement a cloud platform solution, which is lacking so far.

Their workflow engine is still segregated. It’s not embedded. If you need to do some workflow approvals, you cannot do them directly on the service desk. You have to go into Outlook and do an approval or you have to go in through another screen to handle the approval because the workflow engine they have is a separate product.

I’ve been using the solution since 2003.

The solution is fairly stable, regardless of the version clients use. The serious challenge the solution faces, however, is that CA is not investing in the service management suite.

The solution is scalable.

Technical support has lost a lot of customer confidence. Being a partner, I’ve dealt with support tickets for months at a time, which is unacceptable. It’s something CA has to do a lot of work on to improve. Customers are unhappy.

If you are going with an out-of-the-box implementation, there isn’t too much difficulty with the setup. The configuration is always a challenge, however. You need to do a lot of customization based on customer requirements. Implementation can get quite complex depending on if you have to set up a lot of different databases, etc.

What other advice do I have?

I’m a partner with CA Technology. We have clients that are working on various versions, including 11, 12, 14, and 17.

We use the on-premises deployment model.

I’d rate the solution six out of ten.