Ca2

CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS Review
CA utilities are faster and use fewer resources. RC/Migrator allows us to make changes quickly.

Valuable Features

The ability to do the CA utilities faster than IBM using less resources. I also like the RC/Migrator product that allows us to make changes quickly and efficiently using either the IBM utilities or the CA utilities.

Improvements to My Organization

The benefits is repeatability of use. I can do a change in one environment and use that same change to do it to another environment. It allows reliable changes.

Room for Improvement

I'd like the product to support the open systems. However, I don't think that's coming.

The products work really well, but there are a couple of minor things that you have to learn to get around.

The product has been fairly stable for the last couple of years. It has a high learning curve for some of the traditional DBAs who don't want to venture from IBM.

The product works for some of the smallest changes or for some of the largest environmental changes.

I have used tech support. I'd give them, most of them, about an eight. I know most of them personally.

We were using BMC utilities, and we ran into some marketing and licensing issues. When we thought of changing vendors, we were interested in reliability and partnership. The vendors were IBM and Computer Associates, and Computer Associates had a more complete solution for what we needed to get done.

I was involved in the setup and it was straightforward.

Other Advice

I would give them some sample jobs to actually to run in scenarios to see how well CA does them compared to some of the other vendors.

0 Comments

Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA Database Management Solutions for DB2 for z/OS?

Our experts can help. 238,917 professionals have used our research on 5,955 solutions.