CA eHealth Overview.
EHealth is a NMS tool used to monitor the reachability and Bandwidth availability, exceed threshold Bandwidth for a Network devices etc... It provides Real time analysis report well as predictive performance analysis. It can work in multi-vendor environment. At-a-Glance report provides on network utilization (incoming and outgoing traffic), CPU utilizations, memory usage, jitter etc. eHealth Provides proactive network performance management alerts. We can get hourly, daily weakly charts also we can get a chart for particular period. eHealth At-a-glance report provides Comprehensive report of key variables. i.e. bidirectional report of total packet, packet drop, errors, latency, network availability, memory utilization etc.
1) Supports Multivendor devices, supports a large number of devices, it has certified thousands of software and hardware device.
2) supports many vendor MIB and RFC specific MIBs
3) At-a-glance report provides Comprehensive report of key variables.
4) provides Real time analysis report well as predictive performance analysis
5) Highly scalable solution.
6) Can send email and Text message alerts.
7) Escalation system escalate the alerts to higher authorities if alerts not attended.
1) initial Cost is high, and high licensing fees.
2) Is complex system need to maintain dedicated team to manage this
3) More resource Oriented: It needs some faster server. Many request can load the server and can suffer performance issue.
4) Requires high disk space: monitoring large amount of devices will require high disk space for maintaining old data.
5) There is limitations in the number of characters an element the name need to be short.
6) Does not store Syslog’s separate syslog device needs to be maintained.
7) New Device certification process is long.