CA eHealth Review
This is the main tool we use to monitor the entire network infrastructure. I would like the tools to be consolidated into one view.

Valuable Features

We have a centralized command center that monitors everything and this is the main tool that we are using. We monitor the entire network infrastructure, including our various data centers. From the data centers to the remote locations, we have the WAN links monitored.

Improvements to My Organization

Right now, I'm looking to replace eHealth with the latest CA solution, which is the Performance Manager. I understand there are many new features. We are running an old version, but functionality-wise, the tool itself is a great tool. We get threshold alerts, as well as alerts for link or device failures. It's our priority-monitoring tool.

Room for Improvement

I would mainly like to see an overall view of the application and the infrastructure. Right now, we are limited to the network piece of it. I would like to see a consolidation so that the command center doesn’t need to look at multiple tools, like HPE OneView. If I can get that, that will be really great.

Stability is very good. We had very few minor issues in the past years related to memory leakage and stuff like that but we hardly had to contact the help desk.

The scalability mainly depends on the underlying infrastructure, which we needed to expand.

The few times we contacted technical support they were very good.

We know that it's a good product and we've been used to it for many years in our company, so when it was time to upgrade, we looked around and we saw that this is good for us.

I was not involved in the initial setup. The system was inherited. I did hear it was a little complex to understand the setup, but after that it was easy to operate.

Other Solutions Considered

We compared it with other solutions.

We wanted migration to be easy, so instead of bringing in a new tool and doing a lot of work on that, we went with the existing solution of CA. We also have some financial flexibility with CA, so it's easy to migrate from CA to CA rather than from CA to any other tool.

Other Advice

I think an overall architectural understating is required. Also, you don't want to play around with multiple technologies and multiple vendors. I suggest going with one vendor who can cover the whole technology landscape.