CA eHealth Review

The reports are fantastic and it's easy to use and update

What is our primary use case?

We are currently using this solution for reporting. The talking reports are fantastic and the users love it.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable feature of this solution is the fact that it sends me canned reports. It's easy to use and easy to update.

What needs improvement?

The only thing I don't like about this solution is the old index shift; it doesn't work very well. So I would like to see improved index shifting. I would also like to see a price reduction.

I've been using the solution since 1997 on premises.

It is a very stable program.

We don't use remote polers, primarily because of the cost and even now, it's exceptionally expensive. So we don't scale. We are only two people on the staff and we are responsible for maintenance too.

The technical support is bad, primarily because I don't see anybody using it. I once had to rebuild the whole database when it died. I had to put in a new database and upgrade my system and do everything. Then it broke my database and they could not fix it. Now we work around it and it works fine.

We used LiveHealth but then we stopped using that because the organization wasn't getting good performance out of it.

The initial setup was straightforward and we did everything ourselves. It was a long time ago, but if I remember correctly the deployment took about a week for all our sites and reports running smoothly.

It is an expensive program. Every time you buy more licenses, it will cost you to get CA support and you will pay even more if you want your remote part of the actual service.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to others would be that, if they'd manage to sort out the indexing problem, it's a wonderful product to use. The biggest lesson I've learned is the deviation of the time. On a scale of one to ten, my rating would be an eight.