CA Endevor Software Change Manager Review

During the development lifecycle, our software is available and reliable.

What is most valuable?

It is easy to use, easy to learn, and easy to maintain; also the automation.

How has it helped my organization?

We primarily benefit in terms of the availability and reliability of our software during the development lifecycle.

What needs improvement?

There are a lot of areas: using it cross-platform; across a diverse set of application portfolios, including legacy systems, as well as open systems; both waterfall and Agile development. I'm not sure I can say there's one particular focus. We can have more features.

We find the solution to be very stable. There are no major issues or problems that I'm aware of.

We run a very large enterprise, so it scales very well for us.

We get very good and timely responses from support. It is very good.

This solution has been in place for a long time, longer than I've been around.

I'm not sure I can say which vendors were on the short list, but I can tell you that decisions are made primarily from the standpoint of cost effectiveness for the business, as well as the product features and functions. It must be able to meet the minimum requirements as well as be cost effective. The overall efficiency and effectiveness is there; and the responsiveness is there.

When I choose a vendor, I look at stability, reliability, responsiveness, and efficiency.

What other advice do I have?

Do your homework. Talk to customers. Don't just rely on market research. Find what other people's experiences have been. It's very valuable.

1 visitor found this review helpful