CA Harvest Software Change Manager Review

Powerful UDP functionality with a user-friendly interface

What is our primary use case?

We use this solution for software configuration management. It's the whole lifecycle. It's the application, server application, deployment, and version control.

We use an on-premises deployment.

How has it helped my organization?

Using this solution, we were able to implement a full process for all of our lifecycles.

What is most valuable?

While all of the features are valuable, we use a lot of the UDPs. They normally link to all of the purchases that are being used in a project.

They've got a lot of processes that come planned as part of the application, but with the UDPs, you can scale it, or build your own scripts and deployment mechanisms. It's really scalable from a functionality point of view. If there's an issue with functionality out of the box, then you can take care of that via the UDP processes.

The interface is very user-friendly.

What needs improvement?

Technical support for this solution is very good, although they can still use improvement in some regards.

We have been using this solution for about fifteen years.

This solution is really, really stable.

This is a scalable solution, for sure. We have approximately one hundred and fifty people using it and plan on increasing our usage.

Our experience with technical support has been very good. I would rate their support an eight out of ten.

We did not use another solution prior to this one.

The initial setup of this solution is straightforward. The deployment takes ten to fifteen minutes.

There are three of us in my team who manage and maintain this solution.

We have seen ROI using this solution.

The licensing costs for this solution are very reasonable. Once you purchase your licenses, there is maintenance support that is renewed every year.

We did evaluate other solutions before choosing thing one, including a product from Compuware. It was not up to standard.

What other advice do I have?

My advice to anybody who is implementing this solution is to read all of the documentation. Be sure to stick to the implementation and installation instructions as to how they are provided.

I would rate this solution a nine out of ten.