CA Identity Governance Review

it allows us to see the full, big picture of all the inter-connectivity of rules certification, provisioning, and endpoints. The tech support needs work.

Valuable Features

The most valuable features include governance certification and creation of rules. Ones the rules are created, they're put into IdentityMinder so that IdentityMinder can use those rules to provision all the users from provisioning or de-provisioning based on HR processes to create targeted endpoints. One of the targeted endpoints is used as the authentication alteration source for CS. What Identity Governance does is that it allows us to see the full, big picture of all this inter-connectivity.

Improvements to My Organization

The product is great with good fundamentals from its Integrity days some 16 years ago. The product is still living on the same principles, even as federation, cloud, B2B, and add-ons came into the picture. It has the core fundamentals and it's still sophisticated.

Room for Improvement

The technical support for this particular product is really poor and needs a lot of work.

The stability of it seems good so far. Right now we are using rule mining, rule certifications, rule accessibility and GovernanceMinder. They're working fantastically.

Technical support is a fail.

I wasn't involved in the setup.

Other Advice

Be sure to define your scope properly.