CA Identity Governance Review

An extremely customizable solution that’s very stable and easily scalable

What is our primary use case?

We have three primary uses for the solution. We use it to centralize  accounts and directories. We also use it for  new registration of our new employees and for users to self-reset password.

How has it helped my organization?

Our customers get ROI by implementing Self User Registration & Self Reset

What is most valuable?

There are many valuable features within the solution. The product is easy to customize. It’s also highly secure.

What needs improvement?

The directory has room for improvement. Also, the dashboards and, in particular, the KPI dashboard that shows the current user’s information needs reworking.

It would be ideal if they could consolidate the workflow. Right now, because everything is on a different workflow engine, seamless integration cannot happen. If the solution offers a single workflow engine and a single reporting engine for all security targets, that would be ideal.

I’ve been using the solution for three to four years.

The solution is very stable.

This product is highly customizable and flexible in terms of handling customer requirements.

I’m not happy with technical support at all. It’s very limited.

Nop

With any identity management product, you’re going to have complexities, so the setup is not simple. It’s a complex infrastructure and implementation and it requires reasonable expertise from those handling the implementation.

Our team of technical consultants implemented to customer site

Secure Automated Mechanism to have centralize directory to manage Users.

Expensive solution & implementation takes time to implement

What other advice do I have?

For an organization looking for an identity management suite, it’s the kind of tool you can invest in the long term.

For those considering implementing the solution, I would recommend finding the right partners who have the right implementation experience to assist. There is no doubt this product has capabilities. The important thing is to find someone who understands the business requirements. It’s really important because statistically, 70% of identity management projects fail. Most of the time the product has the capabilities but the consultant doesn’t have the ability to customize the solution.

I’d rate the solution nine out of ten.