CA Identity Manager (CA IDM) Review

Setup is considered straightforward due to a wizard based installation. However it is complicated due to HA requirements

What is most valuable?

Identity Policy and its Ability to support Account Provisioning to RACF and AD/Exchange.

How has it helped my organization?

This solution was implemented for a Financial Client to automate account provisioning across various disparate systems (more than 80 systems across 5 countries). From an HR perspective, when an employee leaves the organisation, suspension, transfer and removal of access to systems can be completed within 7 days in comparison to up to 30 days when handling it manually. Access to system(s) can now be approved and granted within 3 working days going through a self-service application and approval process.

What needs improvement?

Lack of a comprehensive attestation component/product and easy to use workflow that supports both attestation and provisioning. However, currently CA does have a product for attestation.

3 years

Main issues were with migration of data from a 8.x to 12.5 sp2.

No stability issues.

No scalability issues

7/10

8/10

No previous solution used.

Initial Setup is considered straightforward due to its wizard based installation. However, it is complicated due to HA requirements.

What other advice do I have?

Compilation of data for Attestation manually may take 3-6 months or more if the organisation has large number of assets distributed across several countries. The need to maintain up-to-date access list on every asset also poses a challenge.