CA Identity Manager (CA IDM) Review

The major plus points are simplicity, but do ensure you have the right resources before you implement this product.​

What is most valuable?

The simplicity, easy installation and configuration.

How has it helped my organization?

I worked on this product as a consultant implementing it at various client locations so I cannot really answer this question from my own organization's point of view. But the tremendous value at client locations has been a centralized and simplified identity provisioning and management solution.

What needs improvement?

Been quite a while since I worked on it so I can't really comment on how far the product has come in the past 2-3 years.

For almost 2 years at various engagements

Nothing major encountered.

None encountered.

No. The product gives flexibility with respect to application servers and databases so scalability more depends on the platform you choose.

Very good.

Very good.

Clients I have worked at either didn't have an existing solution or had older versions of the same product.

It is straightforward if you read the product documentation and understand the architecture before your set it up.

What other advice do I have?

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are a vendor partner