CA Identity Manager (CA IAM) Review

Automation has improved the way we function because we don't have to perform manual work over identity-related controls. We'd like better information display for the approvals within the workflow.

What is most valuable?

Automated provisioning removes manual labor and manual provisioning.

How has it helped my organization?

Automation is the best way it's improved the way we function because we don't have to perform manual work over identity-related controls.

What needs improvement?

A better information display for the approvals within the workflow would give them more information and the ability to comment back on a request as to why they're rejecting it. We've been telling them we'd like this improvement, and we hope to see it.

We have challenges because of the customization – it's difficult to do upgrades. We're just not doing the upgrade because we are a few versions behind, so now it's tough.

Performance is a challenge just in terms of the number of roles and endpoints that we're managing. We have 10 platforms that we manage and over 8000 endpoints – that’s our challenge.

We have challenges because of the customization. It's difficult to do upgrades. We are a few versions behind so doing the upgrade is tough.

When we've used them, they've been good.

It was set up in 2005 prior to when I joined the company.

What other advice do I have?

We always look at the stability and the amount of endpoints and attributes that can be included, plus the ease of use. Make sure that it can accurately serve your needs, especially from an endpoint point-of-view. You need all your users to be able to use it seamlessly without scalability issues.

It loses points on the upgrade process. We require CA's help each time, and the upgrades, especially with our number of users, has been a challenge.