CA Identity Manager (CA IAM) Review
Consolidates applications, streamlines user access, but Identity tool needs better audit reporting

What is our primary use case?

Managing identities at a financial services institution.

We're implementing it currently, so I have no real measure of how it's going to perform, but so far so good.

How has it helped my organization?

• Streamlines user access
  • Consolidates applications
  • Access in one place

What is most valuable?

User access control.

What needs improvement?

Customer reporting. One of the big things we had asked for is for the Identity tool to actually do more kinds of reporting for audit purposes. It doesn't really track any of the metrics that are useful to us, at this point.

Still implementing.

Can't comment yet. Not up.

I've used Identity Manager before for a different client. The scalability is good.

Tech support is very good. We actually have a CA team onsite.

The client is using different solutions for different things. So they have instances of a number of different tools that have the same functionalities as CA, but for different items. So yes, they did have other solutions as well.

Most of the complexities are because of the business itself and the complexities that they have within their current infrastructure. The complexities are not really coming from CA's product.

I was not there when they made this selection. I'm sure they evaluated the normal ones, SailPoint, CA, Oracle.

What other advice do I have?

It's early but so far IĀ give it a seven out of 10. Most of the issues we've had with it are coming from business complexity rather than the product itself. The support's been good from CA.

In terms of advice to a colleague who is looking for a similar solution, that's difficult because I've done SalePoint and CA. It's up to them. It's based on the organization itself, so they have to do more evaluation than what I can provide for them. I'd recommend they do their research and pick what's best for them, but I'd say we have no problems with CA's software.