CA Identity Manager (CA IDM) Review

It’s provided us a single point to create users and then provision them to different sources. Yet, the footprint is so large we have 10 servers just to run basic services.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are role-based access and identity provisioning, which allow a single point of user access to multiple places.

How has it helped my organization?

It’s provided us a single point to create users and then provision them to different sources so that they have access to them without having to login in multiple locations.

What needs improvement?

It has a large footprint which you'd expect to be much, much smaller. Just to run basic services, we have 10 different servers. Also, if it were easier to manage, that'd be useful.

We had no issues deploying it.

We’ve uncovered some bugs while working in it. CA has -- and still is -- working with us to resolve those issues.

We haven't really had any issues with scalability, but we have an older version of it where we’ve had to customize it to an extent.

Their engineers know our environment very well. We're able to get personal support with specific engineers when we make such a request.

The initial setup is very complex. In fact, it took a while to get through the entire setup and we’re even adding to it now. CA has even been on site to help us.

What other advice do I have?

CA is great to work with, but to use it, just learn the product suites and how the individual products interact. Make sure you have a good layout and you have everything you need.