CA Identity Manager (CA IDM) Review

Allows us to identify a role for each application or for a group of applications.

Valuable Features

The features that I find most valuable are the creation of access and admin roles. You can also manage many different applications -- more than one hundred -- in only one box. It also adds a level of security that we didn't have previously.

Improvements to My Organization

We can identify a role for each application or for a group of applications. It's great in helping us organize and provide access to different apps.

Room for Improvement

Because it's software on our network, there are sometimes load-balancing issues or latency delays.

We've had no issues with deployment.

It's always stable. We have different boxes installed and have never had a stability issue.

Nobody's complaining about it and we have 100,000 users, even though they're usually not all being authenticated at the same time.

We use technical support for issues and installations and they always help us. The biggest issues took a few weeks.

The upgrades were complex, like from R6 to R12. Sometimes the import/export process was not working properly, but, we just opened a case and they figured it out for us.

Other Advice

Learn well how to use it. Train. Get CA training if you can as that would be the best.