CA Identity Manager (CA IDM) Review

Fast, stable solution with which we can provision all of our employees.

What is most valuable?

The valuable features are the speed and the ability to provision all of our employees. I like the usability as well.

What needs improvement?

I'm happy with the features that are in the current release.

We have IDM integrated with Provisioning, SiteMinder, and CA Directory as our IAM solution. When we embark on an upgrade initiative for one of these components we quickly find that newer versions of IDM are not supported with the other exisiting components. This results in a much larger project to upgrade SiteMinder, IDM, Provisioning, Directory, and the OS which results in Senior management abandoning our upgrade project. I would like to see IDM supported with a larger version footprint in relation to the other required components in our IAM application framework.

The provisioning perspective is very stable. In terms of identity management, the logic is good, but performance could be better.

The tool is not scalable. That is not a limitation from a CA software perspective. The lack of scalability is more a result of how we originally set up the product.

We have used technical support. Overall, we find it very good. For Identity Manager, it is hard to get the right support agent.

I was involved in the installation and it was complex. We were coming from a very old version and we had to upgrade. There was a lot of data migration.

What other advice do I have?

I have many colleagues from different companies and we all tend to lean towards CA products. We are accustomed to using CA.