CA IT Asset Manager Review

It provides asset, status, and lifecycle tracking, plus active asset monitoring.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are asset assignment and reconciliation.

How has it helped my organization?

This product has added value to our organization by our increased ability to track assets, status, and lifecycle as well as being able to monitor assets when they are active.

What needs improvement?

The Gold Brick assignment access is only performed though the catalog. I would like to see this as a standalone feature in “unassign”.

We have used this product for seven years.

Accessing from roles can be effected adversely if searches are created and incorrectly assigned to roles.

CA Support has really improved in the last few years. They have a great knowledge base and response rate .

The new CA Service Management installation is straightforward. We were able to install all apps with the same installation media. The system does the integration between the apps during the installation.

You might find a less expensive cloud version, but you are charged for all of the add-ons and customization. CA provides this for free.

We evaluated HP and ServiceNow before selecting this product.

What other advice do I have?

I would suggest that other companies use an inventory control tool and implement a process to document the correct asset/configuration item (CI) for your company.