CA Network Flow Analysis Review

We can add man filters by interface, port, host.

What is most valuable?

I have found three features to be most valuable: custom reporting, flow forensics, and traffic alerts by Trap SNMP.

Custom reporting – We can add filters by interface, port, and host.

Flow forensic – We can play with all fields-of-flow versions (Netflow v5 ,v9 . ipfix, sflow, etc.). We run quick reports to detect intrusions or traffic malware.

Traffic alerts by Trap SNMP - I can set 4 threshold types: utilization, rate, volume, and flow.

How has it helped my organization?

Like consultants, I deploy on many companies by region. In some companies, 100% growth is observed. For this to occur, there must be network traffic knowledge and action, especially among pertinent teams like: Network Management, System Management, Datacenter, Applications, and IT Security.

What needs improvement?

Enhanced support should be given with APIs that work to maintain collected information. Historically, there were tools that were very useful for this task. Unfortunately, they were discontinued.

I have used this solution for 7 years.

I did not encounter any issues with stability.

I did not encounter any issues with scalability.

I would rate the level of technical support 9/10.

Many users do not have solutions like this one. They consider solutions more valuable if they are integrated with NMSs SNMP Fault managers like CA SPECTRUM.

Deployment was very quick and simple (done in a few hours), with required prerequisites.

This product may require a minimum device license. You should allow growth-in-basis with interfaces that collect traffic information.

For supporting flow-traffic monitoring, this product is the best option.

What other advice do I have?

Carefully consider what is necessary. See if the traffic is critical in its own links and in the provider's links, in order to have the best device points that send flow packets (resources Hw aprox 20% of box max).