Ca2

CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation Review
​It's adapted well to the mainframe after a complex setup, but as the product is feature rich, you don’t know if you've implemented correctly most of the time.

Valuable Features

The effectiveness and stability of the solution is something that we require and something that this solution delivers.

Improvements to My Organization

It’s a mature product that does what it’s supposed to do and does exactly what we bought it for.

Room for Improvement

I’m not aware of any complaints from my team; I hear nothing but good things. It was, however, a complex setup in the mainframe. Setup should be made much more straightforward.

After the initial setup, it's deployed without issue.

Today it handles everything very well. A while back, that wasn’t the case, but now it is and we are content with it.

It has adapted well to the mainframe, but we haven’t ported it to any other platform though.

Technical support is knowledgeable and responsive. Although they're not as proactive as I'd like them to be, it's has gotten better over the years. They seem to handle tickets only if it’s over a certain priority level, in which case they jump on it pretty quickly.

It was a complex setup in the mainframe environment. The product is feature rich, so you don’t know if you have it implemented correctly most of the time.

Other Advice

Make sure it’s the right product, get a strong proof of concept, and, importantly, get the right expertise.

1 visitor found this review helpful
7f0ca799 5b70 4170 b60f c74837d8a5fe avatar

1 Comment

7f0ca799 5b70 4170 b60f c74837d8a5fe avatar
Scott Redmond Mc FallReal UserTOP 20

Good stuff, thanks!

Like (0)15 August 16
Anonymous avatar x30

Have A Question About CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation?

Our experts can help. 242,381 professionals have used our research on 5,991 solutions.