CA OPS MVS Event Management and Automation Review

The ability to manipulate the autoflag has allowed us to setup the kind of message forwarding that is important to our end users.

What is most valuable?

OPSLOG, message rules, ability to manipulate the msg autoflag, MSF, RDF Tables. The whole product is very valuable, but if I have to list some, those are a good start.

How has it helped my organization?

The product is so advanced in all ways that it's hard to pick a specific area. OPSLOG and MSF has saved us more than once when a system was unavailable via TSO, but we could see what was going on via our cross domain logs. This allowed us to correct the problem with an actual IPL of the system.

All of the OPS/REXX built in functions are great. We've recently used OPSTATUS to give our operators extra info they needed about WTORS that wasn't available via system commands.

We initially installed OPS in 1989 when it still was part of Goal.

It is an extremely stable product.

We're a large shop with many requirements and scalability has never been an issue.

The technical support is top notch. They have always been right there for us whenever we were needed, including the offer to be available on weekends during a recent upgrade if needed.

Friendly, professional, knowledgeable. I rate OPS/MVS technical support amongst the best support in the world.

We had a home grown product before choosing OPS.

Our initial setup was not overly difficult, but support was sent out to help us with our initial install.

I'm not involved in pricing and licensing. I'm aware that OPS (as well as other CA products) are considered to be pricier than most. Having said that, you get what you pay for. If you want the features and reliability of Cadillac, then you have to be willing to pay for it.

We evaluated basically all available options, narrowed it down to CA, BMC and one other (now absorbed) company.

What other advice do I have?

If you're at the point of implementation, take advantage of CA technical support and the local OPS online community. Both are extremely helpful and willing to give advice to help new people avoid potential problems.

More CA OPS MVS Event Management and Automation reviews from users