CA OPS MVS Event Management and Automation Review

I like the System State Manager and all the built-in functions.

What is most valuable?

System State Manager and all the built-in functions.

How has it helped my organization?

It’s invaluable for expediting the shutdowns/IPLs of our z/OS LPARs and monitoring our z/OS LPARs for issues/problems.

What needs improvement?

It needs to have more compatibility/interfaces to other vendors’ products.

I've used it for more than 15 years.

Upgrading the product, either adding maintenance, or moving to a new release, is usually painless.

Some earlier releases crashed occasionally, very rarely with recent releases.

Adding OPS to a new LPAR or removing it from a decommissioned LPAR, hasn’t caused any issues.

Excellent – very helpful and knowledgeable.

When I first started using OPS, there were not any similar products from other vendors, with all the features OPS provided.

Once you're familiar with the product, it’s easy to use. The documentation is very good – coding some rules for console ‘message suppression’ is a good way to start.

The pricing for the base product is probably comparable to other vendor’s offerings. There are some optional applications/features, with separate pricing/licensing, that can be added to the base product. Get a trial license first to determine if any of the ‘optionals’ are going to be of use.

OPS was already in place here when I became administrator.

What other advice do I have?

Ask the vendor for a demonstration of the product.

12.02.00
More CA OPS MVS Event Management and Automation reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, IBM, BMC and others in Event Monitoring. Updated: July 2021.
523,431 professionals have used our research since 2012.