CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation Review

It reduces the number of repetitive motions required by a human to respond to the system

What is our primary use case?

The primary usage is we try to automate the system message, then transfer it to the command to automatically respond to the system requirement message.

How has it helped my organization?

To reduce the number of repetitive motions required by a human to respond to the system. This automation automatically replies, so the benefit is to reduce repetition of work.

What is most valuable?

To minimize the labor of responding to the required message. So, an automatic response is minimizing the labor work.

With stability, sometimes we do have problems with this product. I guess because a lot of times we have to write the script correctly, so finding the right person with the expertise on writing the script, or the automation, is the problem. So, that is the reason sometimes it is not stable, we do not have the expertise to write the script.

So far, so good. We can combine all the CA products and work with this product together, so we pretty satisfied with that.

Because sometimes the system has new messages. Every time we installed another new product, the message is different, so we would have to constantly upgrade, and follow up with the upgrade. That is how we knew that we needed this product.

I was not a part of the initial setup.

What other advice do I have?

We really do need this product. We have the necessity now, because we have implemented for so long that we can't function without this product.

Implement and write the script correctly from the beginning. Make sure and plan out ahead. Plan the project five, six, or seven years ahead, instead of just installing, implementing, and starting. Plan ahead.