CA OPS/MVS Event Management and Automation Review

Stability is the best out-of-the-box. Put it in, set it up, and you leave it alone.

What is our primary use case?

Our primary use of OPS/MVS is automation on the mainframe system, controlling resources, and tasks.

The performance of it is beyond exceptional. It is probably one of the best products that I have ever worked with. It is easy to use, comprehensive, and can perform almost any task you need it to.

What is most valuable?

• Simplicity of use
  • Reliability of the product
  • Scalability
  • The performance functionality

The width and breadth of the options available that we do currently not use, but are available to us.

What needs improvement?

The further expansion of the mainframe teamcenter interface. Also, the web services support is something that I am looking into.

Though, it currently meets my needs perfectly the way it is.

The GUI interface could be improved, but that is coming. They are working on that.

Stability is probably the best out-of-the-box. Put it in, set it up, and you leave it alone. It works wonderfully.

We have had very minimal problems, mostly of our own causation.

I have been using it as my own user for over twenty years. With the bank, since I have been there, seven-plus years.

Scalability is simple and easy. We just built another system, put Ops on it, and built it in less than an hour.

We have not had any issues with the scalability.

Their technical support is incredible, immediately responsive, and even if it is not updated to Level 2 support sometimes, they chip in providing more detailed answers and options to fix the problem.

I was not involved in the initial setup, but I know it was straightforward. The documentation is simple, easy to follow, and use. A limited, first-time systems programmer can do it, in that it is out-of-the-box almost functional.

What other advice do I have?

Most important criteria when selecting a vendor:

• Cost
  • Functionality
  • Cost of the business.