What is our primary use case?
System/ops automation, SSM, OPSLOG, etc.
How has it helped my organization?
Orderly startup and shutdown of z/OS and all components.
What is most valuable?
- SSM - Provides for orderly startup and shutdown.
- OPSLOG - Enables filtering by message-id, and/or jobname(s).
- Rules - OPS/REXX interface streamlines deployment, interfaces easily with JES2 and z/OS.
What needs improvement?
- The interfaces to USS, CA UIM could be better.
- CA Common Services interfaces - namely Zdata Mover, Zmessage Service, Zdatacolletcor - are poorly documented.
For how long have I used the solution?
More than five years.
What do I think about the stability of the solution?
No issues with stability.
What do I think about the scalability of the solution?
No issues with scalability.
How are customer service and technical support?
Tech support is excellent.
Which solution did I use previously and why did I switch?
Migrated from AutoMate/MVS in the 1990s. We went with the best automation solution available.
How was the initial setup?
Initial setup was straightforward, used CA-supplied migration tools.
Which other solutions did I evaluate?
NetView, Candle products, ASG-Zack.
What other advice do I have?