CA Payment Security Suite Review

We are able to see fraud transactions and the subsequent realized losses.

What is most valuable?

The service works as described, the Admin console is very good along with customer service, and the management support, which is excellent.

How has it helped my organization?

Our organization is able to see fraud transactions and the subsequent realized losses.

What needs improvement?

The service is improving with the implementation of 3D Secure 2.0.

I have used this solution since February, 2016.

There were no stability issues, the SLA uptime percentage has never dropped below 99%.

There were no scalability issues.

Technical support is excellent, I would rate it a 10 out of 10.

Utilize the transaction pricing model versus the active cards because the ability to monitor active cards hasn’t been good.

What other advice do I have?

The reason I gave my rating of a nine was on the basis of us not having clear visibility into our billing structure. The original contract was based upon active cards, which is the number of cards that is stored in CA’s database system. Once a card is in the system, there is no way to validate whether that card was actually utilized during that billing month or not, yet the customer is charged for that card being stored. We also do not have an ability to remove the cards without implementing a $20K software module, which we really didn’t need because the software module primarily performed other functions but deletion of cards was just one of the many functions.

With no ability to validate activity, no active reporting to determine the validity of activity, and no ability to remove cards that would be considered inactive, lost/stolen, our costs increased month over month. I worked with the CA management team to revise the pricing model; but to me that is what needs improvement. The pricing construct can be very cumbersome.