CA Performance Management Review
It integrates all of our CA products into one dashboard. Everybody's using the same data to correlate what is happening.

What is most valuable?

The benefit is having the one-stop shop where we can integrate all of our CA products into one dashboard. They can use that one dashboard as a portal to click around to wherever they need to go. The dashboard integrates our data from Spectrum and CA PC, like the data collectors.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved efficiency because now there is the one-stop shop where you can view all your data, instead of needing to click around in four different tools. Everybody's looking at the same data. You don't have people using their own tools, or using a different tool. Everybody's using the same data to correlate what is happening.

What needs improvement?

I would like to see it integrated with UIM. That is the one tool that is not in there. Then I would like to see log analytics, which I know are coming; but are still not included.

Stability is good. It has improved; and we have not had any issues.

At our company, we have a large implementation, and we have not had any issues with scale. We just scale horizontally.

Technical support is pretty good. I would say that we always get to the bottom of the problem. The only reason it is not perfect is that sometimes it takes a couple of days; but we do get to the bottom of it.

I would say the initial setup is complex. CA does make it easy, but you need to have the right architecture for it to be successful. You have to design it correctly from the start.

Currently we have an issue where, if the store goes down, we get 20 tickets spread across different tools. We knew we needed to scale it back to only one actionable item. We needed to use one tool that would encompass everything and scale out, and be able to provide the flexibility to let us narrow it down to what we need.

Our most important criteria when selecting a vendor are scale, stability, and support. We evaluated CA, HPE, Riverbed, and BMC. We went with CA because of our partnership with that vendor. We are most confident in that partnership.

What other advice do I have?

It is a good product that will meet their needs.