CA Performance Management Review

Provides user-configurable roles & permissions with granularity.

What is most valuable?

• Multi-tenant platform
  • User-configurable roles & permissions with granularity
  • Dashboard-oriented
  • Easy enough to customize

How has it helped my organization?

Mainly as an MSP configuration, the multi-tenant model helps us to segment the customer and users, as well as providing our operation the capability to oversee all tenants.

What needs improvement?

Today, tenants are bound to a data collector which requires a lot of networking and resources to configure.

In the context of the multi-service provider and the need to have customer segmentation either for IP overlapping or Security (data protection), multi-tenancy is required. However, in order to do this, the tenant (IP Domain) need to be attach to one Data Collector by Tenant. In the MSP context, it is equal to 1 DC per customer and even for small customer (couple device) this is not too scalable or rather expensive.

I have used the platform since the beginning and in production for at least two years.

Our multi-customer configuration is challenging, as well as to have redundancy over two data centers.

We encountered database issues due to the IOS speed requirement of HPE Vertica, as we are on a VMware environment.

Redundancy over two data centers is one of our challenges, as well as the fact that we use a lot of data collection, even using Docker containers for it.

Support is OK for the standard use of the product but as our configuration is complex, they often have to refer to engineering.

We were previously using eHealth and APG.

As we started from the beginning, it has improved a lot since; once again, our solution remains complex due to our usage.

Implementation was with a vendor team; at the beginning, with CA Service, and then with CA engineering, as we do DevOps.

Before choosing we also evaluated SevONE, APG, and InfoVista.

What other advice do I have?

This is coming along; great progress. The "3 series" looks promising.