CA Performance Management Review

Intelligent alerts give us time to replace a router or interface before it's full

What is our primary use case?

The primary use case is to report on performance metrics of routers and switches.

How has it helped my organization?

We used eHealth beforehand, so the improvement was mainly within the GUI.

What is most valuable?

• Dashboards - They look nice and fancy and are pretty impressive.
  • Alerting - This helps the admin save time.

It's not only interesting to know if routers and switches are up or down at the moment, but also when a specific interface is filled to the max. You can create intelligent alerts so you have enough time to replace the router or interface before it's full. The same is applicable for CBQoS channels.

What needs improvement?

The quantity of views which are tied to specific metric families is too high. Also, the problem is the view doesn't tell you which metric family it uses, so you don't know why you don't see data.

More than five years.

No issues with stability.

No issues with scalability, and we even worked with a customer with more than 20K devices within the system.

Technical support is good.

Yes, CA eHealth. We switched because eHealth went EOL.

Initial setup was straightforward and pretty easy.

What other advice do I have?

My advice would be start today. The tool is great and is pretty flexible, also for integration in other tools using OpenAPI.

I rate it at nine out of 10. It's pretty good in doing the things needed, but there are some small pitfalls which are not necessary.