CA PPM Review
Time Entry, Resource Allocation & Dashboards Are Valuable But Memory Management And Responsiveness Can Be Improved

What is our primary use case?

Working on the technical side of this CA tool for last 9 years with different different companies and clients.

How has it helped my organization?

The health report and all metrics of any project including KPIs are now available in a central location under the clarity project or project dashboard, replacing all those excel spreadsheets.

What is most valuable?

Time Entry, Resource Allocation, Interactive Dashboards, Risk Management, Integration with Jaspersoft reports.

What needs improvement?

The application memory management and responsiveness of this JAVA product can be improved, especially in the peak usage times. A better way to track, analyze and tweak the heap memory would be a great addition to this PPM tool.

More than five years.

Occasional slowness of the product at peak usage times like Budget season, mostly due to poor heap memory management.

No. Its perfectly scalable and perfectly easy to implement the change.

It's awesome 10/10

It's very good 9/10

Yes, the installation/upgrade is complex. You will need many mock runs in non-prod environments before we try the new version in PROD. Each version upgrade can come with new issues and challenges. But from the latest v14.x versions, this has been simplified a lot.

In-house

We did some analysis on HP PPM. Found Clarity PPM better.

What other advice do I have?

If anyone is looking for a Project and Portfolio Management tool, then I highly recommend CA Clarity PPM. Of all the PPM tools we had tried, Clarity PPM is the most robust, multi-functional and reliable tool.

Check out my other Clarity PPM detailed review at http://www.itcentralstation.com/product_reviews/ca...

3 visitors found this review helpful