CA PPM Review

I think it’s great that it handles both small and large projects with equal power, but a problem we are seeing is the inability to get data out of the system and into Excel.

Valuable Features

For us, it’s all about resource management and schedule management. Without this, we would be in trouble. This solution has it and more.

Improvements to My Organization

It’s driven global consistency and the management of our projects. We have used it a long time and are seeing great benefits by sticking with the product.

Room for Improvement

We have not deployed the latest version, but a problem we are seeing is the inability to get data out of the system and into Excel. This is a feature we want and need.

Use of Solution

We have been using this solution since 2003.

It has been consistently stable over the years. This for us is critical.

In terms of scalability, it has adapted well. We use it for both small projects and very large projects. I think it’s great that it handles both kinds of projects with equal power.

They're very knowledgeable, and there have been times in which we have had big issues which we call show stoppers. When this happens, you need a different level of support, and, thankfully, we are on first-name basis. Therefore, all is resolved quickly.

Other Advice

We did not have a global solution and we needed one. This was something we needed internally and now we have it. You need to really understand what the business needs are going to be; this is essential. Also, I recommend going out and evaluating, both personally and from people in the industry.