CA PPM Review

It gives us a view of where our project-management pain points are. If you're a basic user, the initial setup can be straightforward. But if you're exploiting it to the max, setup is complex.

Valuable Features:

The most valuable aspects of PPM are the project management modules and the visibility that it offers within them.

Improvements to My Organization:

It gives us a view of where our project-management pain points are. Do we have enough resources? Where are our costs going? Are we spending too much internally, or should we be outsourcing?

Room for Improvement:

The tool itself is comprehensive, but it's missing input from people like me. People need to be taught how to use it. Users are trying to teach themselves instead of learning effectively. So the education and training are what it’s missing.

Deployment Issues:

We've had no issues with deployment.

Stability Issues:

From my experience, it's stable, as proven by its pretty large user base who agree on this.

Scalability Issues:

It’s 100% scalable. It could be used in a small company and very large, equally effective and equally powerful.

Previous Solutions:

Because it’s comprehensive, I only know that it's the best-practice solution. If we're using CA PPM, we're doing best practices.

Initial Setup:

If you're a basic user, the initial setup can be straightforward. But if you're exploiting it to the max, setup is complex -- and unwise. It would be like driving an expensive sports car and not knowing how to drive it.

Other Advice:

If you are going to buy it, you should understand its usage, and make sure you appreciate how to exploit it because it’s not cheap and you’d be wasting your money if you won’t exploit it. Some organizations underutilize it, and I ask people why they bought it if they don’t exploit it.