CA PPM Review

We use Clarity data to track planned vs. actuals.

Valuable Features

It allows us to manage everything, and in terms of business value, its best features are about managing money and financials. We are able to show the business how we spent money and the results we obtained. The tool recognizes this need. Simply put, we use Clarity data simply to track planned vs. actuals. Of course, it is not as simple as that. We have budget plans for labor and non-labor, and we track against that.

Improvements to My Organization

This product definitely has strong service, which, along with the features mentioned above, has improved the way our organization functions.

Room for Improvement

I don’t know at this point what could be improved as we are trying to evolve our systems to work and streamline with PPM. I do, however, want to see more outputs and technical details. Also, they should improve reporting so that it's more in-depth.

We've had no issues with deployment of PPM.

We've had no issues at all with stability since we implemented this solution.

It’s very scalable and it's one of the major factors of why people get this solution.

We have had absolutely no issues with the support. They are extremely knowledgeable, and I haven’t heard of a situation of any complaints related to this from my team either.

It is complex because of our company, as we are asking the tool to do some things that it shouldn’t, but we made it work.

ROI

We have a budget allocated for a project, but the project is released over multiple months so we want to answer the question, “How much business value was delivered in a release and at what cost?” We also track to answer the question, “Will we be able to get all the functionality we need in the budget we allocated?" It is important to track this over short-duration iterations for a long-term product.

Other Advice

You have to look at your own internal systems and processes and optimize them before you implement the tool, but PPM can do a lot of things. It’s a flexible tool. Just don’t use that flexibility too much.