CA PPM Review

It is very intuitive. Even if you do not have training documents, you can start feeling your way around pretty easily.

What is our primary use case?

Primary usage is to track project information, including the labor book to projects. The performance has been really good.

How has it helped my organization?

You can't manage what you can't measure. It helps us measure things like time compliance, as people are putting all their time into project costs.

What is most valuable?

It is very intuitive. Even if you do not have training documents or anything, you can start feeling your way around pretty easily. I like that piece of it.

What needs improvement?

I would like to be able to do time submission and time approvals on mobile rather than have to go in the system. It would just make things much easier for everybody, being on the go, and a lot of us have an app for our email on our personal phone. Therefore, to be able to do everything there would be much more convenient, and I am sure we would get better buy in from managers, too.

Stability is very good. We have very little downtime.

We have been with a pretty consistent number of users, so we have not had to move. So, I do not know. For the little increase we have had, it has gone very smoothly.

We meet with technical support periodically. I would give them a nine out of 10. They are good.

The old one we had just did not meet our needs. We had to do too many configurations, and we wanted something that we could keep a little more vanilla. As it was and not have to worry about tweaking it for our needs. We have tweaked it, but with what we had previously, we had to do major changes.

All the complications came from our side with our users as opposed to CA.

The support and the transition from our old system to this, they made it go very smoothly. We had people onsite helping us. They were very good at letting us do a concept and run through it first, and test everything we needed to test. Those were some of the things I liked about it.

Changepoint. It pretty much came down to Changepoint and CA.

From the other ones that we looked at, this was the obvious choice for us after doing a PoC.

What other advice do I have?

Contact CA. They are very good at sending up a PoC.

I do like the new UX very much. We have only turned onto a few users so far. We just upgraded to 15.3 a few months ago. The ones that have been using it do like it very much. We just have not rolled it out to everyone yet. We want to have some feedback first. So far, it has been very positive.

Most important criteria for selecting a vendor:

• Support is a big one.
  • Ease of use of the product.
  • It interfaces well, and we are able to get the data out that we need.
1 visitor found this review helpful