CA Privileged Access Manager Review

What is most valuable?

• High availability/stability
  • Flexibility
  • Security
  • Excellent support

We need a solution that is very reliable for our users. We need something that has the ability to handle requests for network ports and various configurations. Security is one of the highest priorities and part of that is tracking/auditing. Xceedium/CA PAM support has been excellent and that is one of the main reasons we have stuck with this solution. We have had the same core team supporting us over the years and they work with us through any issues.

How has it helped my organization?

Centralized firewall rules (through the appliances) make it easier for users to access our secure environments from a variety of locations and devices. The release of the CA PAM Client eliminated the Java vulnerabilities and support issues with browser access.

What needs improvement?

The areas of this product with room for improvement are mostly small annoyances like search fields that you cannot type a query and hit Enter (have to tab or click the button).

I have used it for about eight years.

We have encountered stability issues at various software and hardware versions, but we worked with the support team to quickly stabilize our environment.

We have not encountered any scalability issues; we have plenty of capacity for our environment usage. We only added appliances for new data centers and redundancy.

Technical support is excellent. They respond quickly and work with us to find solutions; easy web access to open and update tickets.

We started with the Xceedium solution to protect remote access to our secure environments.

Setup was straightforward once we linked to Active Directory and had our network firewall group access completed.

Licensing is by device and/or user depending on your functionality. We only use the Session Management, so it is by devices.

We looked at a few other solutions over the years but nothing was better than what we had. We are looking to the future to see if any new solutions might be as good or better and cheaper. Licensing costs do add up as we are adding more servers in our secure networks.

What other advice do I have?

Get enough appliances for redundancy so if you lose one due to hardware or software issues, there is no impact to users. We use a VIP that directs all users to whichever appliance is available.