CA Privileged Access Manager Server Control Review

It works well with our IBM solution, saving us time and costs.

Valuable Features

This is a small thing, but what I find pretty valuable is that default access is denied and you have to apply for and be granted access in order to gain access. This helps us make sure that access is not undeliberately granted.

Improvements to My Organization

We're happy to see it working so well with our IBM solution, saving us time and costs.

Room for Improvement

The manuals for this product used to be good. We could find in one place answers to pretty much every question or situation we had. However, it's now in piece-meal fashion. You have to piece the information together. So the user documentation has become poor.

We've had no problems deploying it.

It's stable. I don’t think we have had any downtime.

It’s very good in terms of scalability.

For the most part, technical support is great. There have been times when I haven't gotten the best technician, but that's with all tech support. If I deal with someone who's worked there a long time, the expertise is excellent and I do end up getting great support.

The initial setup was straightforward as they give you detailed instructions. User documentation is poor, however.

Implementation Team

We have had very successful implementations, mainly due to the great support from CA.

Other Advice

Work with CA. Have a solid installation development plan and strategy. A lot of companies would put things in warm mode before implementing, which I recommend. Also, read the implementation guide as it is well written.