CA Process Automation Review

We can implement more quickly with fewer resources in a process that has been fleshed out over time.

Valuable Features

There are several valuable features--

• The ability to tie together many systems; overall orchestration of these systems.
  • The ability to troubleshoot problem workflows in the middle of execution.
  • We use PA for right-sizing VMs, so changing CPU and memory sizes. If for some reason we can’t connect to it or the VM is set in a certain way where it’s resource limited, it’ll allow us to troubleshoot it instead of failing.

Improvements to My Organization

It gives us predictability in terms of our use of the solution becuase we can standardize our implementations. That means we can implement more quickly with fewer resources in a process that has been fleshed out over time.

Room for Improvement

I'd like to see additional form functionality and having Python as an available common script language.

It’s been very stable. At one time we had some issues in a load-balanced environment, but those have since been corrected.

The way we have to interact with Linux machines has been a challenge, but that’s mainly due to how we’ve configured our environment rather than a limitation of the solution.

They’ve been very responsive. They were able to provide a quick solution to my issue and were able to get it resolved.

We were implementing some new functionality that used PA forms – the forms weren’t reading in the data as one would expect. We contacted support and they identified that the issue had been reported previously, they were able to give us the solution, and we corrected it. This happened over about a half day.

It was already in production when I joined the company.

Other Advice

For our use it really does very well. It provides us exactly what we need, and it runs with low-resource utilization and moves quickly. As the product matures it will only get better.

Consider troubleshooting needs for workflows – how do you want those to be handled? The types of integrations you need – VMware, RedHat, and Windows, to be specific. Consider also your security needs, especially any LDAP or authentication integration requirements.