CA Process Automation Review

We've been able to automate work that would have otherwise been done manually.

Valuable Features

• Javascript operators
  • Pre- and post-execution code
  • API integration
  • Powershell

Improvements to My Organization

We've been able to automate work that would have otherwise been done manually.

Room for Improvement

Error handling on a per operator basis allowing native retries. For example the get email operator if there is a blip in the network and PAM fails to communicate with exchange it takes the error path when really I’d want it to keep retrying until communication is restored. It can be worked around but then it becomes time consuming and cumbersome to implement. It’s the same for other operators too. I’d like to see a search function on the operations tab when looking at past runs, it’s a right faff sometimes trying to find a previous run.

Use of Solution

I've been using it for two years three months.

Every so often the service needs to be restarted otherwise it runs slower and slower. I think this may be due to a memory leak.

It's excellent.

At a previous company I used HPE Operation Studio, ITPAM was already implemented when I joined the company I’m currently at.

I’ve reinstalled it a number of times, it’s straightforward.

Other Advice

It’s a great product, extremely versatile but takes a certain skillset to use and implementation of automation can be time consuming when done properly.