CA Release Automation Review
Users can easily deploy without actually knowing what is happening in the background.

Valuable Features

• Process Design
  • Logic Design

Improvements to My Organization

One example would be that we don't need to worry about whether the user who is using it has expertise in certain technologies like Shell Scripting or PowerShell etc. If the end user has basic knowledge of process execution in the product, he can easily deploy without actually knowing what is happening in the background.

Room for Improvement

We are using an old version and a new version is now on the market. As the latest version has lots of new features, I am not certain what improvements are required until we use it.

Use of Solution

I've used it for about three and a half years.

Regarding the deployment we haven't has any issues. However, with Release Deployments we have had issues because the release had some issues with packaging/code issues or the release package structure has changed.

Yes, we have had some issue because we migrated a product database from a normal Oracle environment to an Oracle RAC cluster environment. This has affected the performance for some time.

None so far.

Over the years customer service has improved, and I am happy with the current service. It's really good.

It's good, no problems so far. One of the good things is that I don't have to explain a lot if I raise a case with the Tech Support team and their responses are also quick (surely it is based on case priority).

I am not 100% certain because I wasn't involved in the beginning. I think as I mentioned earlier, we were using Shell Scripting for deployment and we needed a level of expertise in scripting to understand those scripts and make changes in it. The other reason was that the support team can focus on operational support rather than live deployments.

It was complex in the beginning, and now its quite straightforward.

Implementation Team

I wasn't involved in the initial setup, but I am sure we had a recommendation for the vendor and they were in-house for the initial setup. I did meet the expert team at a conference for user groups, and they were very good.

Other Solutions Considered

Yes, we evaluated other products as well, but I am not sure what the other options were.

Other Advice

Go for a higher version and you should probably take the training before using it. Please note that in the latest version of CA Release Automation, almost all the Automation Studio features are going to be browser based, so all the process designing can be performed using browser based systems.

1 visitor found this review helpful

1 Comment

it_user215889Consultant

I've been using Nolio for the last 2 years and it has very good features.

09 April 15