CA Release Automation Review
It's easy for me to create flows, control statements, and detect errors. This used to be a nightmare.

Valuable Features

Visual Design. I've worked with shell scripts in bash all my life, so when I need to do control statements or flows, this used to be a nightmare, but with LISA RA it is easier for me to create flows and control statements, and detect errors.

Improvements to My Organization

Before LISA RA implementation, the developers request for a restart would, for instance, take two to three days. With LISA RA, we developed a process where the restart is done within 10-15 minutes, and this process is used 15-20 times a day, from Monday to Friday. This is just one process, we have another process for DB and storage.

Room for Improvement

Maybe user management, and more hardware architecture, like a mainframe.

Use of Solution

I have used it for two years.

Yes, but we found a way to solve them.

No we didn't have any stability issues, everything is OK.

No issues encountered.

9/10.

9/10.

This tool is complex, I recommend people design and develop a process with LISA RA who have expertise with shell scripting, and related tools such as SED, AWK, Perl, command line Unix or Linux definitely and maybe Java or POO basis.

ROI

If the enterprise has all standard software installations, the implementation and development not take more than two to three months. In another case, if the enterprise software installations are not standard, it could take one to two years because the enterprise has to fix all software installations prior to doing a standard software install.

Pricing, Setup Cost and Licensing

Initial setup cost is more expensive, but the day-to-day cost is only for maintenance, design and for people development.

Other Solutions Considered

We didn't evaluate any other products.

Other Advice

Setup standard installations for all Operating Systems instances. In the long run this practice will gain time for the implementation process.

6 visitors found this review helpful

1 Comment

Principal DevOps ConsultantVendor

Just wanted to say that I didn't find this solution to be very complex in my experience; one thing that helped was that the flows were built in a GUI with no coding or scripting involved. There was also a bunch of OOTB integrations and a deployment dashboard.

24 August 15