CA Release Automation Review

Provides an agile solution based on DevOps concepts. We like the ability to share components across an enterprise.

What is most valuable?

Most importantly, it provides an agile solution that is based on DevOps concepts. This is very good for DevOps teams, and I can say that it is a very helpful feature. Some other features which are used by our organization, includes the migration of process design for the Release Operations Center (ROC), the ability to share components across an enterprise, and integration with Chef Tool.

How has it helped my organization?

We were facing a problem to release our code at the decided time. The development team were busy writing the code and then they prepared the build. After this process, the testing team started testing the build. So the whole process was taking a lot of time, then we heard about this tool.

It’s an enterprise-class continuous delivery solution that takes release automation to the next level, providing an agile and collaborative application delivery chain. Now, the situation is that the Release Automation tool tests released script. The Development team spend so much time in developing code and, at the same time, the testing team can test the build. As a result, Release Automation has been able to save us time

What needs improvement?

It does not support integration with Jenkins for .Net

We have been using CA Release Automation since last year.

A little bit, but after troubleshooting it was solved.

No issues encountered.

No issues encountered.

8/10.

8/10.

No solution in place, and we were doing everything manually.

It was a little complex.

We used a vendor team who were 9/10.

It's 8/10.

No other options were evaluated.

Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: We are partners with CA.
1 visitor found this review helpful