CA Release Automation Review

It has improved the workload balance in my group. We are able to shorten our release cycles.

What is most valuable?

The most valuable features are the ability to shorten our release cycles and to reduce the number of mistakes we make.

How has it helped my organization?

It has significantly improved the workload balance of the people that are part of my group. It's also helped us to have less business disruption and these are the primary ways in which it has helped our organization.

It's far more efficient and has helped us to get things done around 70 to 80% faster than before.

What needs improvement?

There is a continuous delivery version of this product that I believe will solve some of the problems we have; so I'm looking forward to it. Currently we do deployment automation and I want to get to release automation, which is automating everything from start to end. That's what I'm looking for.

There are some technologies that this product doesn't support such as some emerging technologies that we need to build the interfaces for; so if that came as a readymade/off-the-shelf feature, it would help us.

We have been using it for 2 years.

So far, it has been very stable. We have been using it for 2 years and have had no issues. We have experienced some minor issues but nothing major.

We scaled it across our enterprise; we are using it across our entire enterprise.

We started using it for a couple of apps, i.e., somewhere between 40-45 applications; so it is quite good.

We haven’t used CA technical support. We use an account manager for support.

We didn't really use any other solution before. We were using a manual operation which was extremely intensive. Thus, the daily pain involved and the money that we were spending on it were the main reasons for us to lookout for another solution. Money and the time we spent were the biggest variables involved.

For us, it was important as to how quickly we could get started and how much the vendor was willing to invest in us. CA was willing to invest in us as much as we were willing to invest in them; that made the difference.

It was a very straightforward process. It took us a couple of weeks to set it up. I wasn’t involved in the process myself but was told by the technical team that it was easy.

We looked at a whole bunch of other solutions, namely XL Deploy from XebiaLabs.

The reason why we decided to choose CA was because of the completeness of this product, what it came up with and the fact that CA was willing to take a risk with us. They were not getting paid until we were successful in using the product and that made a big difference.

What other advice do I have?

Just get into it and do it. It really makes your life better.

Although the product is good, I'm expecting a lot more from it.

We are still not using this solution for compliance and governance.

1 visitor found this review helpful