Nolio Release Automation Review

It uses a VPL to configure a release process. The level of abstraction in the VPL needs to improve.

What is most valuable?

Using a VPL to configure a release process is a valuable feature. A VPL is a visual programming language where you program visually instead of normal coding.

How has it helped my organization?

It has improved the working of our organization by:

• Accelerating the release development process
  • Enabling smaller development teams to achieve faster development times

What needs improvement?

The level of abstraction in the VPL needs to improve. There needs to be some improvement in the technical issues, in order to better relate with the machine's infrastructure and network support.

For it to work properly, a VPL must abstract the concept to where it applies, which in this case is a release process. Although in my opinion it is very nice to see it applied in this process in the market, I found, however, that it still needed to improve and abstract more in the aspects of infrastructures, where they were applied. This could make the process more easier for the batch setting variables for an instance.

I have used this product for approximately six months.

Some deployment issues were experienced when dealing with some unexpected network case's architecture.

The technical support is good from CA's part.

I worked as a consultant, so we had very different tools applied. It all depended on the client itself.

It ended a bit more complex than it should. The variables customization per environment formed a cluster of boxes, in the beginning, for instances.

We implemented this product through a vendor team in order to simplify the process and abstract the maximum from the old ways of the release process.

What other advice do I have?

Look at it as a fresh start and a "clean" environment without any need of prior release methods. You can use it to simplify most of the processes.

It is a good product but still needs some improvement.

5.5
**Disclosure: My company has a business relationship with this vendor other than being a customer: My company is a very close partner with CA, involved with the implementation done in Portugal.
More Nolio Release Automation reviews from users
Find out what your peers are saying about Broadcom, IBM, Digital.ai and others in Release Automation. Updated: May 2021.
509,570 professionals have used our research since 2012.